Attorney Clarissa R.E. Myers
Ms. Myers is an experienced trial attorney who practices in the area of criminal defense, having completed hundreds of trials and motions in the defense of the accused.
She was born and raised in the Chicagoland area. Ms. Myers graduated from the University of Florida, with Highest Honors, where she majored in Spanish Literature, with concentrations in Latin American Studies, Psychology, and Microbiology. As a result of her education and her travels abroad, she speaks Spanish, which assists her in representing her Hispanic clients.
Ms. Myers then attended DePaul University, College of Law, where she had internships with the City of Chicago, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, and the United States Air Force Judge Advocate General's Office. After graduation, she turned her efforts toward criminal defense, gaining experience in both the DuPage County Public Defender's Office and in private practice.
Ms. Myers began her own firm, Myers Law LLC, to continue her pursuit of justice for her clients. Throughout her career, and in her own law firm, she always gives trusted legal advice and lives out her philosophy of putting her clients first. Each client receives understanding, respect, and the best representation possible. Ms. Myers listens to the facts of the case, creates a defense, and works diligently toward the best resolution for each client.
Since 2006, she has represented thousands of clients in multiple counties, including DuPage County and Cook County. Ms. Myers is known for aggressively defending her clients in court from traffic violations to felonies, but also being approachable in listening to her client's every concern. She has achieved innumerable favorable results including dismissal of all charges, reduced sentences, no jail time sentences, and not guilty verdicts at trial.
Ms. Myers volunteers in the community on a regular basis, whether by serving on various association boards, authoring articles for other attorneys and the public, teaching continuing legal education, or participating at multiple mock trial events as a judge. Ms. Myers holds or has held the positions of DuPage County Bar Foundation President, various chair positions for the DuPage County Bar Association, and co-founded the Lawyer Outreach Program.
- Illinois, 2006
- U.S. Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- Northern District Federal Trial Bar, 2015
- DePaul University College of Law, 2006
- University of Florida, December 2002
- B.A., Spanish Literature
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Illinois Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Chair of Law Day, 2009-2010
- Chair of Entertainment, 2011-2012
- Co-founder of Lawyer Outreach Program, 2010
- DuPage County Bar Foundation
- Director, 2013-2015
- Treasurer, 2013-2014
- Vice-President. 2014-2015
- President, 2015-2016
Past Employment Positions:
- Nexus Legal Group, P.C., Chicago, IL
- Attorney, 2014
- DuPage County Public Defender’s Office, Wheaton, IL
- Assistant Public Defender, 2008-2013
- Law Offices of Richard D. Russo, Wheaton, IL
- Associate Attorney, 2006-2007
- Office of the Cook County State’s Attorney, Chicago, IL
- Internship, 2006
- City of Chicago, Department of Law, Chicago, IL
- Internship/Law Clerk, 2005-2006
- Office of the Staff Judge Advocate USAF, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, Sumter, South Carolina
- Internship, 2005
- Scariano, Himes, and Petrarca, Chicago, IL
- Law Clerk, 2004-2005